We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
The very first Kia automobiles hit U.S. dealerships in 1994 and it all started with the Kia Sephia and the Kia Sportage. I’ve driven a Kia. The Pope has ridden in a Kia. Do you see where I’m going with this? Kia has gone from being ‘that car company’ where you can find a cheaply made, inexpensive car to now becoming a manufacturer that has stepped up its game and become one of the leading manufacturers.
Check out #TheNewKia Sportage, the family (or kick-ass single life) compact crossover that you’ll want to drive home.
Meet the all-new, completely redesigned 2017 Kia Sportage, perfect for urban errands, suburban family trips, or adventure into the great wide open. The exterior is sleek, the interior comfortable, and the overall feel is very sporty.
Driving the Kia Sportage is a dream. Illegal U-turns are smooth (don’t tell the San Diego police department) and the starting price of $22,990 make is affordable for nearly anyone.
5 Reasons Why Your Family Will Love The Kia Sportage
It took every bit of restraint I had to not steal this from the Kia special event parking and drive it straight home to Ohio. I know, for a fact, that the ride – especially a high speed chase – would have been a smooth and enjoyable one!
- The safety features are to numerous to list! From dual front airbags to the dual front seat-mounted airbags and back to the full-length side curtain airbags, your family is protected on all sides. Add to that the side impact door beams, front and rear crumple zones, and LATCH system, and anyone in their right mind would be surprised that ALL of these features are standard. And, those are just the basic safety features. Again, too many to list!
- The optional Harman/Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System with External Amplifier & Subwoofer makes your daily commute more than bearable. Get ready to show up early to work because with sound like this, in addition to the way the Kia Sportage Handles, you’ll look forward to the daily drive.
- Super cool standards like Bluetooth Technology, steering wheel-mounted controls, power everything, remote keyless entry, 6-way adjustable driver’s seat and more, you’ll drive off the Kia lot feeling like you just got away with something illegal.
- With rear-seat-down cargo room of 60.1 cu. ft., your road trips or trips to the grocery store will be a breeze!
- The 2017 Kia Sportage has a lower starting price than the Honda CR-V LX, the Ford Escape S, and the Toyota Rav4 LE. It also has better front driver and passenger crash test ratings than the Ford Escape and the Toyota Rav, according the NHTSA testing. The Kia Sportage – and other Kia vehicles, for that matter – have a far better warranty than most cars in the industry and has more headroom, legroom, and storage capacity than the above competitors.