We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
It seems like there were no bloggers and suddenly, the internet was flooded with them. Bloggers have existed since the World Wide Web was established, but their titles, definition, and focus have evolved over the years.
Just as the definition has evolved, any blogger can tell you so have they. I started out as strictly a coupon and deals blogger; then I was strictly a review blogger. Now, I’ve involved into what some call a ‘lifestyle’ blogger which is just a generalized word for a complicated definition. Really, I share my life – my travels, life as the mom of kids 10 years apart, once a single mom now a happily engaged and almost married woman. My blog has evolved, my life has evolved and it will continue to do so.
What hasn’t changed is why I love blogging.
Why I Love Blogging: 7 Reasons I Continue The Journey
- I’ve always been creative, and writing fuels my creativity. I was editor of paper in high school and in college, but adapting that type of writing to blogging was a difficult change. News writing is very factual; blogging is that but with a personality. I have a huge personality and I know this, but letting that go into my writing was hard but an enjoyable change.
- I’ll admit it, the trips are fun. I never got much of a chance to travel having become a mom early in life. I’ve been places that, while not exotic, have filled my life with joyful moments and amazing friends. One of my favorite moments was when my now fiancé and I walked the streets of New York on a cool night and discovered one of the best bars in which we’ve ever been. We still talk about it and hope to return to visit it again.
- While it doesn’t sound like a fun word, conferences are a great way to meet other bloggers, share memorable moments, and really come out of your shell. If you’ve met me, you might describe me as outgoing, but I’m quite nervous in social situations and shy until you get to know me… then, you might regret you did. Not really. By nature, many bloggers are quite shy; it’s easy because most of our correspondence is via email or phone and much like a bad dating profile, you can be who you want to be. Once you’re face to face with your peers, you’ve no choice but to interact. It’s fantastic and even the shyest of bloggers have been known to bust out with the karaoke.
- It’s not easy. Every day, blogging presents a new challenge, whether it’s fulfilling the demands for an assignment in the most creative way you can or meeting deadlines when you’re trying to make your life work. We’re not handed things, we’re not showered with gifts, and we’re usually not relaxing or partying on press trips – it seriously is a lot, lot, lot of work. And we’re happy about it! We’re stressed, we’re crazy, we’re trying to make things work. We are fueled by crazy and coffee.
- Connecting with people who worry or celebrate as we do is so fulfilling. I’ve confided in other single moms, I’ve shared huge news with perfect strangers, I’ve stayed up late giggling with people I’ve just met, and I’ve learned things that you couldn’t in any classroom.
- I learn, I share, and it’s become one of my favorite things to do. I’ve discovered new places, new products and new people and I get to share it with everyone. Good or bad, everything I write, whether it’s 140 characters or more, is read. Sometimes it garners a response, a heated discussion or just a thumbs up. Regardless, people listen to what I have to say, as long as I say it well, and I love that. I like the idea that I’ve helped someone buy a car or a humidifier or find a great bar.
- My home life has improved, which is the greatest surprise of all. I get to stay home with my kids. I get to take a break when I’d like. I make money by doing what I love. I feel that I’m doing something for the right reasons and it’s fulfills me. I’ve found my voice, I have great happiness and despite the craziness, it’s the best job I’ve ever had.
I’m not the only one sharing seven things I love! Check out my fellow Chosen Chix and some of the things they love. Be sure to check them out.
- 7 Things I Love About Working From Home by November Sunflower
- 7 Ways to Strengthen Your Marriage by The Afropolitan Mom
- 7 favorite Valentine’s day themed books for children by Another Day… Another Diaper…
- 7 Reasons I Love My Amazon Prime Membership by Philzendia
- 7 Things I love About Being a Blogger by As Mom Sees It
- 7 Must Haves From Tarte by The NYC Talon