We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
Undead pirate hunters, zombie sharks, and even more trouble, thanks to the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow. I wasn’t sure that I would like this Pirates new adventure (I wasn’t a fan of the previous film) but Dead Men Tell No Tales was like a return of the humor and antics of the first film that we were all hoping for! And, you can pick it up in stores today!
Captain Sparrow is no stranger to trouble, and this fifth installment of the beloved Pirates of the Caribbean franchise further demonstrates that. Jack and the crew search for an ancient and powerful artifact, the Trident of Poseidon while Captain Jack finds himself in more precarious positions in his search.
Considering the legacy of the films, I expected more extras on the Blu-ray version; there’s on are a few deleted scenes – which never were a favorite of mine – some bloopers, and a few other extras. Since the original cast was reunited with some awesome newcomers, I was hoping for more. But, the film doesn’t disappoint as I thought it would and is definitely one that you should add to your home collection!
Pirates Of The Caribbean- Dead Men Tell No Tales Bonus Features
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”