There’s so much to think about when you’re building a house; countertops, siding, cabinets, wall colors, location on your property, appliances – once you finally get in your new house, you start to realize all the small details, such as a shower curtain, that you took for granted.
One of things, for us, was a garage door opener. We just assumed it came with our garage door. Once we were handed the keys from our contractor, we were so excited to pull our cars into our new, 2-car garage. Lifting that door got old quickly. Do you know what else gets old quickly? Listening to the grinding noise of an old chain driven garage door next door to us. Yes, we could hear the garage door opener at our neighbors next door. We should buy them a new garage door opener from Chamberlain.
I was provided with a Chamberlain WD962KEV Garage Door opener to facilitate my review, however all opinions are my own and were not influenced.
I thought shopping for garage door openers is about as exciting as watching paint dry. When we were comparing them, I honestly had no idea there was such a difference between the brands or the styles. I had no idea that garage door openers ranged from absolutely simple to technologically advanced. Here’s another HUGE difference between garage door openers – there are chain driven and belt driven and the difference between them is audibly noticeable.
Product Features Of Our Chamberlain Garage Door Opener
- MyQ Enabled – allows you to control your garage door opener and your lights (if enabled) from anywhere using your smartphone. You’ll also be notified if your garage door is opened or if you’ve left it open.
- Motion activated lights
- 3/4 HPS* DC belt drive system for the ultimate in quiet performance – so quiet.
- Battery Backup System provides up to 20 open/close cycles in the first 24 hours of a power outage
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes
- Motion-Detecting Control Panel allows easy programming of remote controls, keypads, and MyQ® lighting accessories, and turns lights on automatically when movement is sensed
- Auto force-sensing technology constantly monitors garage door opener system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations
- Quick-install rail system provides faster and easier installation – assembles in 60 seconds
- Delivers 200 watts of light with adjustable light time delay
- HomeLink® compatible – the in-vehicle remote control system
- Includes two 3-button remote controls, one wireless keyless entry system, and one control panel
If you’re not sure which kind of garage door opener is best for you – belt driven or chain driven, more or less horsepower, battery back-up for frequent power outages – use Chamberlain’s garage door opener selector tool to find the right garage door opener for your needs. Just don’t wait until yours dies when you need it most or if you’ve found yourself locked in or out of your garage when a storm hits and you’ve lost electricity.