We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
I love this time of year! The weather is cooler, the smell of burning leaves and pumpkin pies comforts me, and playing with the kids in the yard doesn’t involve uncomfortable sweating and dehydration. There’s such a warm and cozy feeling that comes as soon as fall is here and it’s the best time of the year for decorating because of the bright colors and forthcoming holidays.
This fall, As Mom Sees It partnered with national retailer Kohl’s to show our readers some fun ways to cozy their home with inexpensive and unique fall decor. Remember that Kohl’s isn’t just the place for back to school clothing and wardrobe updates; they also have small appliances, kitchen supplies and more, including lovely fall and holiday decor.
Fall decor for your living room
I love this before and after photo of our living room! With the addition of a few very simple items, we’ve piqued two senses – there’s the visual appeal with the deep autumn colors as well as the rich scents of the candles in the holders on our table.
Seen in this photo:
1. SONOMA life + style® Maple Leaf & Acorn Pillar Candleholder Plate (Sale price $6.99) with ONOMA life + style® Pumpkin Spice Pillar Candle or Toasted Hazlenut Pillar Candle (Sale price $7.99)
2. Harvest Pumpkin Tealight Candleholder (Sale price $11.99) or the 3 tealight holder (Sale price $17.99)
3. Fall stripe pillows (available in store only) however, if you like the colors and want to order online, check out the Sand Pebbles pattern (Sale price $19.99 each) or the Faux Suede Stripe (Sale price $21.59 each)
Fall decor for your bathroom
The bathroom seems the most difficult place to create a warm and welcome environment – especially if you’re like me and have two boys and a litter box stuffed into a small bathroom. The key for bathrooms is a mix of bright and warm colors and a ‘less is more’ attitude. Any time you can bring in scented candles or decorative soaps is a good idea, too, especially for guest bathrooms.
1. Croft & Barrow Chevron Owl Towel (Sale price $4.99) and Croft & Barrow Fall Air Towel (Sale price $4.99). You might also see the other fall and Halloween themed hand towels to match your bathroom.
2. SONOMA life + style® Maple Leaf & Acorn Pillar Candleholder Plate (Sale price $6.99) with ONOMA life + style® Pumpkin Spice Pillar Candle or Toasted Hazlenut Pillar Candle (Sale price $7.99)
Other fun fall home decor items
One of our favorite items at Kohl’s is this beautiful Chaney® Weathered Wall Clock (Sale price $44.99) that looks like weathered metal but is quite lightweight and easy to hang. I love large dramatic pieces combined with subtle details, but since our home has plaster walls, they’re not able to support many pieces. This is perfect and we’ve received so many compliments on it.
Often, and especially of you’re on a budget, you can add to things that you already have or accent what’s already there. Using items from nature such as leaves and branches looks beautiful in wreaths and centerpieces, but because we have seasonal allergies, we’re unable to use many natural items. We found SONOMA life + style® Acorn & Pinecone Vase Fillers (Sale price $9.99) make a nice accent around centerpieces, in vases you already have around the house, or to accent and update last year’s wreath.
Thanks to Kohl’s for helping us put together some lovely ideas for fall decor for our home! Be sure to check out Kohl’s online as many of these items and more are on sale now, plus you can find great deals in their stores – the pillows we have we were able to get on sale on top of a BOGO half off offer! You can also follow Kohl’s on Twitter and on Facebook. Happy decorating!