We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
One of my favorite things about summer is cooking. I don’t mean the slave-over-a-hot-stove type of cooking because no one likes to be chained to a hot stove when the temps are just as hot. Instead, we like to take our cooking to the grill so we can enjoy the outdoors or we love salads and cold dishes that help cool us down.
This Grilled Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing is refreshing and delicious and a great meal, whether it’s a light lunch or a quick dinner.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing
Preheat your grill to medium heat. If you’re using charcoal, set it up for direct and indirect heat.
Season one pound of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat for 4 minutes on each side side. Move to indirect heat and cook until a thermometer reads 170-175˚. Remove from heat and cover with foil.
In a blender, add 1 avocado, the juice of ½ of a lemon,½ teaspoon of garlic powder,½ teaspoon of chili powder,½ teaspoon of cumin and ¼ cup of Olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add additional lemon juice and salt to taste. Thin with water until it reaches the desired consistency.
Build the salad by layering a 12 oz. bag of premixed salad, 1 cup of shredded Colby-Jack cheese, 2 thinly sliced green onions, 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half and top with the chicken sliced on the bias, fanned out.
Drizzle with dressing.
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ½ teas. Garlic Powder
- ½ teas. Chili Powder
- ½ teas. Cumin
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Water
- 12 oz. Bag Salad Mix
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Preheat grill to medium heat. If using charcoal set it up for direct and indirect heat.
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper.
- Grill over direct heat 4 minutes per side. Move to indirect heat and cook until a thermometer reads 170-175˚. Remove from heat and cover with foil.
- In a blender add the Avocado, ½ of the Lemon juice, Garlic powder, Chili powder, Cumin and Olive oil. Blend until smooth, add additional lemon juice and salt to taste. Thin with water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Build the salad by layering the Salad mix, Cheese, Onion, Tomatoes and top with the chicken sliced on the bias and fanned out.
- Drizzle with dressing.