In our Motorola Talkabout Two Way Radios review, we look at the fun and useful ways that a family can use two way radios, or walkie talkies, to stay in touch, save money and enhance role playing games!
I don’t mean to scare you but winter is coming. I’m actually excited – I love the snow! The cold temperatures, I could do without, but the snow, the holidays and the option for more clothing to cover up body parts about which I’m self conscious is perfection! However, if you’re a parent, winter sometimes means that the kids will be spending more time indoors. Fall is an awesome time to get them out as much as possible before winter hibernation. We’ve encouraged the kids activities with toys that are idea for outdoors like the Motorola Talkabout Two Way Radios, or walkie talkies.
The kids and I have had a lot of fun with the Motorola Talkabout Two Way Radios and a few times, they’ve given me a chance to get some work done while the kids played treasure hunters. The Motorola Talkabout MG160 series has a range of 16 miles under optimum conditions for indoor and outdoor communications so the kids can play outdoors, indoors or a combination of both. We’ve also found other fun ways to use our Motorola Walkie Talkies.
Fun things to do with walkie talkies (two way radios)
- Game strategy – you can use two way radios to enhance games like hide-and-seek or paint gun tag. Use multiple radios on the same frequency to give clues or plan strategies with your teammates or to smack-talk the other team!
- Family trips – when we’re at the zoo or other theme park, the kids don’t always want to do the same thing at the same time, especially since they’re so far apart in age. When our teen wants to ride a death defying ride, I can take our little one to get an ice cream and way can stay in touch when we’re ready to meet.
- Keeping tabs – lately, our teen has pulled a few disappearing acts when he’s outside playing. With the Motorola two way radios, we can keep tabs on his location and call him in for dinner when it’s ready.
- Road trip! If you’re on a family road trip, or there’s a need for transportation in multiple cars, you can skip using your cell minutes and stay in touch instead using your two-way radios between your vehicles.
- Man cave – if your husband or significant other likes to work in the garage or the garden, you can keep in touch with each other without the need for expensive hard wired intercom service.
The model that we use comes in pink or blue, which kids will love, and have many features including a call tone before you start to speak so it grabs the attention of the other users, a channel scan to see which other channels are being used, a low battery alert and a keypad lock so that your settings won’t be accidentally changed.
Our awesome friends at Motorola are giving one lucky As Mom Sees It reader a set of Motorola Talkabout Two Way Radios of their own in either pink or blue!
— Dusty Bastian (@AsMomSeesIt) September 12, 2013