We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
We have so much traveling planned this year that I feel most of our time will be spent in a plane or car instead of the comfort of our home. We don’t mind; it’s going to be an exciting year! But, with all this travel, we’re trying to find ways to save money.
This year, one of our trips will be our honeymoon in Ireland! We’re so excited, but it’s a long flight and since we’re driving the entire coast, we’ll be spending much of our time in a compact car. We’re hoping to save money and time by making these delicious Oatmeal Cookie Fruit and Nut Bars to take with us on our flight and in the car with us. Besides being a great source of protein and without the preservatives of store bought snacks, they’re absolutely delicious!
Oatmeal Cookie Fruit And Nut Bars
Preheat your oven to 350º. In a small bowl, soak ½ cup of golden raisins and ½ cup of dried cranberries in 2 cups of warm water for 5 minutes. Drain the water.
In another bowl, break apart a 16oz. package of your favorite brand of Oatmeal Raisin Cookie dough. Add the raisins and cranberries, along with 1 ½ cup of oats, ½ cup of roughly chopped pecans, ½ cup of shredded coconut, and ½ cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips.
Place the mixture into an 8×8 pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper. Allow a little of the paper to hang over the edges for easy removal from the pan.
For extra protein and crunch, place whole or chopped pecans on top.
Bake at 350º until golden brown; about 30-35 minutes.
Let cool and then cut into bars. Store in an air tight container for up to one week; refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- ½ Cup Golden Raisins
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Pkg. (16 oz.) Oatmeal Raisin Cookie dough (your favorite brand)
- 1 ½ Cups Oats
- ½ Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Coconut, shredded
- ½ Cup Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a small bowl soak the Raisins and Cranberries in 2 cups warm water for 5 minutes, drain.
- In another bowl break the Oatmeal cookies apart and add the Oats, Raisins, Cranberries, Pecans, Coconut and Chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Place the mixture into an 8x8 inch pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper with a little excess paper hanging over the edges to use as handles to remove from the pan for cutting.
- Optional, place whole pecans or additional chopped pecans on top.
- Bake at 350˚ until deep golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
- Store in airtight container unrefrigerated up to one week. Refrigerated up to two weeks.