We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
Game day doesn’t always have to mean snack food only, and mashed potatoes don’t always have to be a side dish. These organic Loaded Mashed Potatoes are perfect as a snack food or a side dish; used it as a dip with vegetables or crackers, or to soak up the yummy sauce from your slow cooker meatballs. Either way – on game day or family dinner at home – this loaded mashed potatoes recipe is sure to be a winner!
Organic Loaded Mashed Potatoes From The Microwave
Why Organic? Did you know that specific requirements must be met for a food to be labeled ‘Organic’? Organic produce contains fewer pesticides, is often fresher, and is GMO-free. People often shy away from organic because they think it’s too expensive or doesn’t look as perfect as food that is not organic. Price is often not a factor and, in the case of this recipe, imperfections are easily remedied!
Rinse 3 large organic Russet potatoes thoroughly, but do not remove the skin (there are a lot of nutrients in there!). Cut out any imperfections. Pierce potatoes with a knife and cook in your microwave for 10 minutes or until done.
While the potatoes are cooking, finely chop half of an organic red onion and 1/3 cup of organic green onion. Remove the potatoes from your microwave. Slice them into cubes and place in large mixing bowl. Add half a stick of Organic Valley Cultured Butter and stir.
Cook 3 pieces of bacon in the microwave for 3 minutes or until done (but not too crispy). You can do this easily but placing the bacon between several sheets of paper towels. Chop cooked bacon into small pieces.
In a mixing bowl, combine bacon bits, 1/3 or organic Greek yogurt, 1 cup of organic Mexican cheese, green onion, red onion, and onion powder and garlic powder to taste with potatoes. Stir first to mix, then use a manual potato masher until you achieve desired consistency.
Organic Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Easy To Print Recipe
- 3 large organic russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup Supernatural Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Applegate Naturals Uncured Good Morning Strips Bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 organic red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup organic green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Organic Valley Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 stick of Organic Valley Cultured Butter
- Simply Organic Onion Powder
- Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly, but do not remove the skin. Cut out any imperfections.
- Pierce potatoes with knife and cook in microwave for 10 minutes or until done.
- While potatoes are cooking, finely chop red onion and green onion.
- Remove potatoes from microwave. Slice potatoes into cubes and place in large mixing bowl. Add butter. Stir.
- Cook 3 pieces bacon in microwave for 3 minutes or until done (but not too crispy).
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bacon bits, Greek yogurt, Mexican cheese, green onion, red onion, onion powder and garlic powder with potatoes. Stir first.
- Finally, use a manual masher until you achieve desired consistency.