We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
How many times have you commented about the availability of hundreds of channels, yet still there seems to be nothing to watch on television? We’ve been DISH Network customers for a few years now and LOVE having all those channels at our fingertips, but it never fails – there always seems to be times when there is nothing good to watch. DISH customers are no exception, except now DISH Network has done something about it!
No, they’ve not created their own always-something-awesome-on channel, but they have made sure that you don’t have to pay for what you’re not watching. Just this week, DISH launched a new way to package and purchase pay-TV.
It’s called the Flex Pack skinny bundle and it’s only $39.99 per month. It features a core package of programming consisting of more than 50 channels and the choice of one of eight themed channel packs. Customers can add and remove as many channel packs as they would like each month to best suit their entertainment needs. Individual packs feature local broadcast networks, kids, national and regional action and general entertainment, and range in price from $4 to $10 per month.
“Our customers are frustrated with having to pay for hundreds of channels, most of which they never watch,” said Warren Schlichting, DISH executive vice president of Marketing, Programming and Media Sales. “Flex Pack provides a level of flexibility and control that brings our customers closer to the ideal of fully tailoring their channel lineup.”
The Flex Pack core package features more than 50 channels like AMC, TNT, USA, HGTV, E!, Cartoon Network, History, A&E, CNN, Discovery, TBS, Food Network, FX and TV Land. The channel packs include the following:
- Locals Pack ($10 per month): CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, as well as Univision and others based on the local market
- Variety Pack ($6 per month): Investigation Discovery, Lifetime Movie Network, Freeform, Bravo, BET, Crime & Investigation
- Kids Pack ($10 per month): Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Animal Planet, Nick Jr., Disney XD, Nicktoons, Boomerang, Baby TV
- National Action Pack ($10 per month): ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, Velocity, AXS TV, Fuse, TV Games Network, TVG2, Universal HD
- News Pack ($10 per month): FOX News Channel, MSNBC, Weather Channel, CNBC, FOX Business Network, BBC World News, Bloomberg, TheBlaze
- Heartland Pack ($6 per month): Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, GSN, OWN, Uplifting Entertainment, Discovery Family, Baby TV, PIXL, RFD-TV, Ride TV, FamilyNet
- Regional Action Pack ($10 per month): In-market regional sports network(s), Big Ten Network, FS2, Longhorn Network, Outside TV, Pac-12 Network, SEC Network, World Fishing Network, ESPN Buzzer Beater
- Outdoor Pack ($4 per month): Outdoor Channel, Outside TV, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing Network
Customers who choose not to add any channel packs can receive the Flex Pack core programming for $29.99. Premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz are also available as add-ons for an additional fee. A complete channel lineup can be found at www.dish.com.
Flex Pack includes a standard DISH receiver, free installation and a two-year price guarantee for new customers. For an additional $10 per month, new customers can upgrade their equipment to the award-winning Hopper 3. Customers must enroll in eBill and AutoPay to be eligible to receive these offers.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of DISH, although all opinions are our own and are not influenced. We genuinely love being DISH Network customers!