We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
One benefit of living in a college town? Pumpkin Spice. I know, it sounds weird, but it’s become a trend and because we have two major coffee chains in our town – not to mention a myriad of other restaurants, bakeries and stores, most of which come in twos – Pumpkin Spice flavored everything becomes a way of life as soon as the leaves start turning.
If you can’t beat them, join them. Even my Rice Krispie Treats aren’t safe from the spice. I’m fine with this.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Optional Cream Cheese Glaze:
2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 Tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
+ milk, optionally, to thin out
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Melt the marshmallows and butter over the stove or in the microwave in 30 second bursts. Stir well in between heats to prevent scorching.
- Once the marshmallows are melted and well stirred, add in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice, and then gently stir in the cereal, coating completely but being careful not to crush the cereal.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined or buttered baking pan, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, mix your cream cheese glaze together. You can drizzle this onto your pumpkin spice Rice Krispie treats with a spoon or a piping bag if you want more precision.
- Optional: Sprinkle with extra pumpkin spice or cinnamon.