We may earn a small commission, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and The J.M. Smucker Company, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #1850Coffee #1850CoffeeatMeijer http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I’m thankful that my mornings aren’t as hectic as most people, but my days are definitely busy. Just because I’m a work at home mom doesn’t mean that I get to relax because I don’t have a boss to answer to. Instead, I have multiple bosses, all with different deadlines. Some might be the brands with whom I partner; one might be my husband or my child – all demand a piece of my time. That means I have to make the best of every moment of my time.
This is why I start my day with a cup – eh, hem – cup(S) of coffee. At least two. Three if I’m lucky. There are people who crack that “if I could have it in an IV” joke. I’m not even kidding when I make that joke.
It has to be a really gooood cup of coffee, though, you know? That kind that when you take that first sniff, your eyes instinctively close and a smile sneaks across your face. The kind that when you put the cups to your lips for that first sip, a slow and seductive “ahhhhh” escapes. I know how to make that cup of coffee! Check out how I use new 1850 Brand Coffee to brew the perfect cup of coffee.
Folgers has long been a preferred brand in our coffee-loving home, but their new 1850 brand coffee is now my secret weapon for conquering the tougher days. The beans for this premium brand coffee are fire-roasted and ground which brings out a rich taste and aroma for a bold but smooth taste that is NOT bitter. Who knew we could talk about coffee as passionately as we moms talk about our wine?
How To Brew The Best Coffee Ever
- Start with fresh beans – just like fresh herbs vs. dry, there is a difference that fresh beans make. I don’t mean growing your own coffee bean farm; I mean grinding them just before adding them to the coffee maker. Oxygen and light can be coffee’s mortal enemy. 1850 Brand Coffee actually has whole bean, ground bean, and K-Cup options to make every coffee lover happy.
- Good storage is key – always store your coffee in airtight containers. NEVER freeze or refrigerate your coffee.
- Water makes a difference – The ideal brewing temperature for maximum flavor extraction is between 195° and 205° F. If you’re so inclined, use a thermometer to make sure your water is hot enough once your pot has brewed. Also, try using filtered water since tap water contains impurities that can change the overall flavor of your brew.
- It’s all in the measuring – to brew a perfect 16 oz. of coffee (which is about two large cups), use 5 tablespoons of coffee grounds and 16 oz. of filtered water. If you’re using a standard 10- or 12-cup coffee maker, follow the chart below.
- Always keep it clean – always keep your pot, coffee maker, and reservoir clean.
We try to live every day making at least one bold choice, and sometimes, every bold life starts with that first bold choice. Not unlike J.A. Folger back in 1850 when he started something new and innovative to help the prospectors as they sought their fortunes. Today, there’s still no better way to get after it than with a bold-yet-smooth cup of coffee. 1850 Brand Coffee is our official coffee for conquering a bold day, and the official coffee of bold people fueling original ideas, new commitments, and brave endeavors – ultimately becoming more than a coffee, but an ally to the hustle.
1850 Brand Coffee is available in four delicious signature blends, from light roast to dark roast. You can also purchase this premium brand now in ground and k-cup varieties and is also available in three ready to drink flavors. Visit Meijer from 5/6 – 6/2 and take $1 off any 1850 Brand Coffee Product with the mPerk digital coupon (while supplies last).
What’s your tip for brewing the best cup of coffee?